The waay Nort Woods

Well, here we are! Our first trip away from the little girlie. Jake and Ruth here! Coming to you from Ely (pronounced Elee) Minnesota. We are about as far north in Minnesota as you can get, right by the Boundary waters. We drove up this morning-Saturday(7 straight hours of uninterrupted coversation with each other!) Tomorrow we are spending the day dog sledding at a place called Wintergreen Lodge. Tonight we went out to dinner at the hotel restaurant and sat across from each other and ate for over an hour...compared to the usual "you eat, then I'll eat" 15 minute vacuum session.

We are staying at the Grand Ely Lodge, which is a very nice, very "nort Woods" type place. Lots of real wood furniture and pictures of nature. Our room overlooks lake Shagawa.

For those of you who are wondering, Ayla is staying at our house with Grandma Sue and Grandpa Dave. Hopefully all is going great! I know today she got to see her great Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt along with her cousin Degan which I know all involved enjoyed!

Maybe we'll have a more interesting picture for you tomorrow! it's wi-fi internet so we couldn't get one to post tonight. ~Jake and Ruth

Comments

mommy and daddy, I miss you lots and lots! I sm glad that you are having fun and hope you let me stay with mama sue and papa dave again. I have been a good baby girl, I slept in till 7 a.m., I love weekends!
hugs and kisses,
love
Ayla
I hope you bring me back a doggy!
Ooop! I spelled the word 'am' wrong
well I am only going to be 9 months so I am still learning.
Oh, can you bring back a t-shirt that says
"my mommy and daddy went dog-sledding and all I got was this t-shirt!"

Popular Posts