It's like Christmas morn

So how about this snow! It just makes me laugh and shake my head...6-8 inches of snow on March 21st! And it is officially spring!
So in an attempt to encourage Ayla in creativity, I have been making some homemade activities for her since she has SO many toys, many of which are the kind I consider "uncreative." You know the ones, blinky and noisy and obnoxious.
So I spent all this time cutting pictures out of magazines and gluing them to 3X5 cards and then laminating them to make flash cards. I laid them all out on the floor and then set her down thinking she would look at them and choose which ones she wanted to inspect closer. I held them up and pointed to the pictures saying things like, "OOO! Look at the flower! It is pink with a yellow center! Look at the two doggies! Look at the doggies pink tongue! " I stacked them up in a nice neat little stack, feeling content with my hard work and creativity, and how pretty they turned out.
She just sat there, blinked, looked around for a second, grabbed the closest one, bent it in half and shoved it in her mouth. Then it was her goal to see just how many she could get in there at once. Ah well...good intentions.
Comments