8 pounds, 8 hours & 1 month


Someone turns 1 month old today....and I bet you're wondering who right? Yeah. : ) That's right, July 7th means 1 month old. And along with being 1 month old, Ayla is also now 8 pounds!! She was weighed yesterday and she was 8 right on the button. No really, she was weighed right on a button. What? Blame my weirdness on the heat today, or the fact that I might have had much more sleep than usual last night as Grandma Sue spent the night again (yay!). Ruth and I ended up with at least 8 hours each, with mine being more continuous as Ruth still got up to nurse all but one time. But, Grandma was there to put her back down afterwards. Thanks Grandma!!!

With a full night of rest we were looking to get out of the house before it got too hot and we went downtown to the Farmer's Market for a little stroll around the square. Now we're back home and still a little ansy to get out, but we're not sure we'll do because with it supposed to be 100 heat index today (and tomorrow) we don't want to be out in it too much.

Earlier this week Ayla met a few more family members as we went to Great Uncle Warren (who thinks Ayla was named after him) and Great Aunt Anita's for a little get together. I really just wanted to write Great because it's funny for me to think of them as being great uncle and aunt. I mean they are great and all, but you know what I mean. : ) Ayla also wore a special 4th of July outfit that day which we tried to take a picture of - but the one you see is the best we got - and she really is YAWNING not screaming in the picture!

Comments

Keith Schaefer said…
You cannot fathom how happy I am for all of you. Love you guys!!

Popular Posts