5 weeks ago...


...Ayla was born! I remember hearing people say their kid was like 16 weeks, or 24 weeks, etc and I always thought why do people say that and not like 4 months, 1 weeks, etc. And then I realized how it takes longer to figure it out, like 5 weeks is easier that saying one month, one week. WHAT JAKE? Sorry...

I have been working (gasp) 12 hour days the last two days, and probably on into the future for awhile as I'm out in the field doing construction inpection. It's in Monona though, so it's not too far and it's where I "grew up" so it's kind of fun to be back in that area. Anyways, after like 20 more years of days like these and I might catch my dad. : )

But, being gone that long is tough though as I miss Ayla and Ruth a TON during the day. I don't think they miss me, but can I blame them? Girls rule the house now so what can I do?

Not too much has really been going on lately, so I haven't wrote a blog in bit. Last check Ayla was 8lbs 3oz. That was tuesday as Ruth went to mother/baby hour again. A girl from our prebirth classes was their with her baby so that was cool. Other than that Ruth and Ayla have been hanging out. They went with Grandma Pam to visit one of her clients for work she helps, Mamie, who is 90 years old. Talk about lifetimes a part! How cool though.

Today Rebecca and Hannah stopped by to meet Ayla for the first time and they even brought Rasberries! And now it's Thursday night and ALMOST THE WEEKEND! Yay! Ayla might meet Grandpa and Grandma Schmidt tomorrow as well, but still working out the details. Otherwise maybe Ruth and I will see if we can go out to eat or something while Grandma Sue baby sits or something.

The picture is from Tuesday and Ayla and I hanging out at the dinner table. She was in awe of looking out the window. ; )

Comments

Popular Posts