ramblin'




Tomorrow Jake and I leave for Seattle at 6:50 a.m. One whole week without our woooly. (that's "girly" which somewhere along the line in our world became "woooly") I am so excited, nervous. I feel bad for leaving Ayla for that long. Isn't that weird? I don't know why I should feel bad, but I do.

Ayla has been having a rough week. She is getting a bunch of teeth and is miserable. She had a fever of 101, doesn't want to eat, wakes up and cries in the night, has a rash around her mouth and on her booty, and is just generally pooped. Darn teeth. It's a good thing none of us remember what it's like to teethe. So I bought her a balloon to make her smile and every time she sees it she says "oh wow!"(you can see the balloon in one of the pictures)

I thought I'd post a few pictures of our tired and snuggly woool.

The force is definitely strong with her. For Jake's birthday I got him a GIANT card that when you open it, it plays the Star Wars theme music REALLY LOUD. Ayla originally was afraid of it. Now, she gets all excited and will point at it (all while hiding slightly behind you) When you open it, she squeals with delight and dances along to the music. Jake and I didn't realize that we would always sing along to it, "bababa BAAAAAA BAAAAAAA bababa BAAAAAABAAAAA" (you'll understand that if you know the song...if you don't know it, what's wrong with you?) Well, on Monday, Ayla was sitting there and in monotone going "babababaaaaaababababaaaaa. " It was then that I realized she was singing the Star Wars theme song! Awesome!

I can't wait for my bike ride. I have worked so hard to train for it, and I am excited to see how it all plays out. You know, you have a picture in your head of how things will be. Plus, I had to ship my bike to Seattle a few weeks ago and have missed it so much! It's like an extension of my body. I can't wait to ride it again!

As far as Ayla goes...we are a family. I love being the three of us after being just the two of us for so long(even though I'm looking forward to the time with just the two of us in Seattle) Love is a funny thing. How can you be in love with your husband, but also be in love with your daughter? Our hearts really have no boundaries for how far they can love. We ARE in love with Ayla, she is our most favoritest thing. I guess I'm rambling....

So enjoy the pictures. The one of me is because a friend of mine wanted to see my new haircut. Enjoy!

Comments

Dennis said…
A very heart-felt post, thank you so much for sharing. I am excited for you both for your Seattle trip, have a wonderful time.

I totally understood the starwars theme!
Jacky said…
Ruth - best of luck to you for your bike ride! Have fun!

Popular Posts