Large Green Blanket!



The title seemed appropriate since we seemed to spend a decent amount of time out on a large green blanket in the yard this weekend. On Saturday while Ruth was out biking 47 miles (!) with her dad (she's training for her charity ride in less than 3 weeks) Ayla and I spent some time out in the yard. I found an old green blanket that I remember sitting on when I was a kid (or at least I remember it around our house). It was like our own little island. Ayla doesn't mind the grass but she had a lot of fun trouncing around the blanket playing with little white flowers I picked and also just rough housing with me. Later on in the evening we went out again with Ruth and did more of the same - as you can see in the pictures.

Overall it was a very nice weekend. This morning (sunday) we went to Olbrich gardens with Papa Joe and Grammy Pammy. I don't think it could've been nicer weather. Ayla seemed to enjoy the various waterfalls the most and also spent a lot of energy "walking" around holding someone's hand.

While she still prefers to hold a hand I think Ruth and I saw her take more steps than we've ever seen in a day, including a couple times of a good dozen in a row walking across a couple of rooms. She obviously can do it when she wants but is still quite fond of "knee-walking" which is why I fondly call her Ayla Kneewalker (in reference to our families love of Star Wars - Luke Skywalker anyone?) Yes, Ayla has dorks for parents (especially her dada).

In eating and word news (seems to be a common topic on the blog) Ayla had pizza for the first time today saying "peeah" as well. It was quite the dinner as she enjoyed pizza and a huge helping of green beans. Go figure. We hope everyone reading had a nice weekend too!

Comments

Dennis said…
I sense the force is strong with this one...

Popular Posts