101....dalmations?



The title? Logging into the blog home I saw this was going to be post 101. Can't believe we have over 100 of these now! Thanks everyone for checking in and leaving comments along the way.
Today I shall brag about my genius of a daughter. : ) Haha. Just so you know, when we share some of these things (like I'm about to) we do not think our child is some sort of super genius, etc. We do however think she is the cutest kid in the world, but you have to give us that being her parents and all! Anyway, on to bragging..er sharing. : )
Ayla has learned to read - see, genius! : ) Ok, not exactly but it still is pretty cool.
Almost every night for the past, oh, couple of months we read Ayla a book while rocking her. That book is usually her "Baby's first Bible" which quite honestly I think I've learned more from reading that than my regular bible lately. Plus, this bible has puppies! I don't remember reading anything about puppies in my bible so I'm kind of partial to Ayla's. Anyway, I think we've read it now about 400 times - it's to the point that I'll usually change the story and add in silly stuff that only I probably find amusing as I'm reading it out loud. Although I have heard Ruth chuckle a couple of times.
So when her Bible is read to her Ayla gets excited about 4 things in particular. Those things are - babies, puppies, the light (sun), and birdies. As we get to pages with those things she'll pull her pacifyer out of her mouth and say "baby" or "puppy" obviously to whichever one she sees. (of course foxes are puppies too - yes there are foxes in this bible as well!) Or when she sees the sun she'll do the sign language for "light" and when she sees a birdie she do the sign language for "bird".
I thought all of this was cool enough but the other day Ayla found her Bible on the floor and proceeded to page through it. As she did she pointed to the baby and said "baby". Then another page she saw a puppy and said "puppy". And then another page she was pointing to a bird while signing it with her other hand. Anyway, like I said, I thought it was neat and have begun looking up where to send her to college when she turns 8....or maybe 10. : )
No pressure Ayla. Just kidding of course. As with any parent I just love her the way she is. Even when she doesn't take a hap all day and throws a big fit during dinner because she's so tired that you end up just putting her to bed early - like last night. : )
The pictures are from this morning - Ayla was playing her piano and reading a book (yes at the same time - amazing!) when I tried to snap a few pictures. You can see her pointing in the first one, then the rest are a procession of her coming over to the computer. Look at those big blues eyes....beautiful like her mommies!
Comments