June 3rd: One year ago today


One year ago today we had to say good bye to our beloved friend and soul mate, our beloved dooter weeoooter, our dog Max. Our eagerness for "the baby" to arrive suddenly became "Please don't let the baby come now!!" It was an awful day. If you are not a true dog lover, disregard this blog. Max taught me a lot about laughter. He made us into a family before our real family began. He helped me appreciate all the moments of the day. He taught me gratitude. He was my best friend, and the truest form of companion. There is still an achy hole in our hearts for him.

We are grateful, though, that he never had to be in second place behind Ayla. As far as he knows he was the one, the only.

We still love you Max...Thanks for everything.

Comments

Dennis said…
I know you miss Max very much, and I shudder to think of the day that comes for our Robbie. We were very happy to have met Max. I am just finishing up Rescuing Sprite, by Mark Levin. It is truly a joyful and crushingly painful book to read, but worth it. If you don't mind balling your head off at times, you will enjoy the book.
Grammy Pammy said…
I know that Grandma Brown and Max are enjoying each other's company in heaven right now. So, know that Max (and Grandma) are both taken care of very well.
Hugs and kisses. Max was a cutey. :)