This is the day


Ayla and I (jake) just got back from seeing her momma at work - Ruthie always has to work Mother's Day. Never thought much of it until now I suppose. Of course she also has to "work" whether at work or not. All mom's know that. And while I know it can be many things opposite of joy sometimes it's amazing to see a well of love in Ruth for Ayla that will never run dry.
And I see it better now in my mom, her mom and all mom's really. To Ayla's mom, my Ruby, thank you doesn't even come close. You are, you ARE amazing and I am blessed to have you as my wife, but also as the mother of my baby girl. : ) And of course "dank" from Ayla.
To my mom, thank you so much for being such a great mom to me, then and now, and also to Ruth. Also, truly a "grand" mom to Ayla. To Ruthie's mom, thank you for all the ways you were a good mom to her that I see her being to ayla now and I am glad to be your first "son" too! And also for being a "grand" grammy pammy to Ayla Shebowbows. : )
And I know my Grandma Schmidt doesn't even own a computer and probably won't ever read this, but Happy Mother's Day to you as well. You could still work on my mom a little bit though - haha - laugh people. ; )
Also special mother's day wishes to my sister's Mandy and Beth, along with other "sister" Amy. There are countless more of you relatives and friends alike that I hope are having wonderful days and being told "thank you" as well. And to any ladies who are yet to be, hope to be, or for some reason can't be, you have mother's heart already, and for that blessings to you as well.
Lastly, I won't say "I love you" to everyone because I'd rather say it in person when I see you next. Oh, and yes, this is my way of saying I didn't get a card for anyone either... : )
Comments
And as your mom I thank you for the words of love you shared not only for me but for all moms.
Being Mama Sue is one of the best parts of first having been a mom.
love ya