Sometimes it rains

Hello everybody. I guess it has been a while since we posted. It's been an interesting couple of weeks. I don't have any real exciting pictures to post, just this one that I just took of Jake attempting to get Ayla to drink from a bottle. Remember in a previous post I talked about my Dad saying the lows of life getting lower? Well, that would describe the last week. Last Saturday Ayla decided that she no longer wanted to eat. She spent most of the day screaming, The next couple of days brought some other complications including Ayla not gaining any weight. We had three doctors appointments this week, and it comes down to this: Ayla has infant acid reflux which has irritated her esophagus. She also has an irritated bowel(colon) because of an intolerance to something I am eating, probably dairy or soy. So, I am eliminating these things from my diet and for the weekend we are trying her on a hypoallergenic formula which goes against everything I believe about breast milk being best. I guess you have to learn to be flexible, though. It has been a hard week.
Things are looking up, though. Ayla has been relatively calm and enjoyable for the last two days, and the three of us are enjoying this rainy Saturday at home. I am taking advantage of Jake being here and getting some things done around the house. Last night Ayla slept for 7 hours, too.
Ayla is looking more and more like Jake to me. Her nose looks like a tiny version of his. She also has his hairline...I think they have the exact same hairstyle. You should see the mop of hair she has! It is growing out very light blond, I think it has already grown a half an inch since she was born.
I go back to work in two weeks and am actually starting to look forward to it a bit. It will be a good break for me.
We are both really looking forward to this fall and the cooler weather. We are also finding ourselves completely addicted to old episodes of the tv show The West Wing, lent to us by my dad.
As usual we hope you all are well. Happy Saturday!

Comments