A gust and August


The title refers to the fact that it's felt like with one strong blow of the wind August is upon us. It's Jake here and it has been awhile since I've done a blog. I got Ruth started and kinda trailed off. That and I've enjoyed reading her blogs. I don't know though - I think someone needs to spend more time cleaning and in the kitchen that writing blogs - please laugh - that was a joke.

Anyway, it's Friday afternoon here and I actually worked a shorter day today. Incredible. So, I'm at home now upstairs in our bedroom sitting in the rocking chair typing this as Ruth and Ayla are napping in the bed next to me. Ayla is stirring here and there and I can't wait til she's awake so I can pick her up, but I also am enjoying this moment with my two beautiful girls peacefully sleeping facing each other. To me, when their eyes are closed they look even more alike. I'm such a blessed guy, and I mean that. The picture is of this too.

So, as the title referred to August came quick. July was quite the month. Between just adjusting (and still adjusting) to our new little one there was lots else going on. Just me having to work about 50-60 hours a week lately has been a challenge enough. We also were able to see some very close family and friends get married. Congrats Bryan and Jacky! Congrats Mike and Dayla! And I was privelage enough to be a groomsman in Bryan and Jacky's wedding and Mike's best man in their wedding. Both are great couples and we look forward to the years ahead with them.

Also in July there was some sad news as we lost Grandma Brown only a week ago now. Michigan won't be the same without you Grandma. We miss you a lot but know you're working on your dance steps for when Grandpa joins you in heaven some day (although not for a while of course we hope).

Also, maybe not a big deal to many, but Aunt Corky lost her buddy (doggy) RC this month and having lost Max a couple months ago we know what it's like.

Lots more little in betweens that I'm leaving out too. But, August is here and I'm hopefully to see what the good Lord brings are way this month. If it's just more times getting to see my beautiful girls like this, then as I said before, I'm a blessed guy. Oh! Looks like someone is starting to stir!

Love to all who read - sorry for the awkwardness to anyone reading who I normally wouldn't say that to : )

Comments

Hello from Ky. We are visiting Caden and Allie, playing Legos, Polly Pockets, building tents and reading books and missing Ayla. Can't wait until we can have all our grandkids together!
Missed my Friday with Ayla:(
Love,
Grpa Dave and Grma Sue
Mama Sue and Papa Dave
SassyCorky said…
How can I tell you all the ways you have warmed my heart. I thank you for the birthday wishes, the kind soothing words about my RC and for the lovely pictures and story you are unfolding for all of us, lucky enough to read. You bring back many wonderful memories, and similar experiences of my baby born almost 40 years ago. You both write so well, and it's quite evident the good Lord did know what he was doing when he brought the three of you together.

Your story, your pictures are just so beautiful to read and see.

I see you all growing and loving together.

As always, lots of love to you all.
A. Corky

Popular Posts