Blogging at 16....days old.



tinersg = tiners (for tiny) and g (for Germann)

Ok, so maybe this is daddy blogging. Thought we'd fire one of these up and see how it shakes out. Mainly it's cool to post pictures on for the most part, but hopefully we'll use this to give updates on how many burps Ayla had in her last feeding and how many diapers she went through in one day.

Well today is officially 2 weeks home. We all came home Satruday, June 9th after Ayla Warren Germann was born on June 7th. She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 18 1/2" long. Ayla is a name we made up and then found later in a baby book. The meaning and origin of the name we found - Hebrew meaning "oak tree". We like the meaning, but didn't pick it because of that. The name Warren is Ruth's middle name, which is the maiden name of her Grandma. (dad's mom)

And now, here we are, and after two weeks I think we have this whole parenting thing all figured out too....haha! It's been an interesting 2 weeks, and by interesting I mean the most amazing and also confusing, frustrating and worrisome too! But it really has been a blessing.

I think she's been different every day in terms of her eating, sleeping habits (if you can call them that yet). But, things are starting to get better..knock, knock. : ) Oh, I just heard to sneezes from Ayla (as is her custom) from her room where her and mom and hanging out having a late night snack.

Tomorrow is my birthday and God has already given me everything or anything I could want....a beautiful, incredible wife and a daughter who takes after her mom. : )

The pictures are of Ayla and me hanging out earlier in the day....she looks good...I look like a scrub after mowing the lawn! The other picture is of her and mommy taking a well deserved nap.

Comments

SassyCorky said…
Arizona is not far from this blog, in fact it's just a small click away. I love being able to visit you all. I say a big hi to you Ayla and thank your dad and mom for sharing these thoughts and pictures.
I will look forward to many more.
Love and Kisses to all of you, Great Aunt Corky
Dennis said…
Very cool Jake, keep this blog going and Ayla will have quite a record of her first days. Can't wait to see Ayla! Dennis