Annie!

Toward the beginning of the school year Ayla decided to take a break from gymnastics because she wanted to participate in school activities, specifically she wanted to try out for the school musical. The week of auditions came and she had a bad cold. She was pretty bummed. She delayed auditioning by one day but pulled it together and tried out even with her cold. She sang “Gee I’m Glad I’m No one Else but Me” from the Anne of Green Gables musical. Parts were to be listed on Friday after school. Ayla had a doctor appointment so I told her I’d take her back to school afterwards so she could see what part she got. 

She got Annie! She got the lead! What a moment- she was so excited! We all were!

Rehearsals began the next week and were everyday after school except Fridays.

I think Ayla really enjoyed the dynamic of the drama club. She made some great friends. She seemed really happy and was constantly singing all the songs from Annie. We even bought her the newest (Jamie Foxx) version of the movie for Christmas.

The cast and crew worked hard and were ready for the last- and two very important- weeks of rehearsals; dress week and tech week. But thanks to four snow days in two already-short weeks of school, all but one of those rehearsals were cancelled (can you say polar vortex?)

Come Sunday-5 days until the first performance-and Ayla ends up with the flu! Things were looking doubtful. Buuuuut, their hard work really paid off! And Ayla successfully auditioned with a cold and even more successfully performed with the remnants of the flu! It was so awesome. We went to both performances and lots of friends and family came out to see it as well.










Comments

Popular Posts