halloween part 2







Here's some pics from trick or treating. This was Ayla's first time out. She went as Arthur from the PBS show. Mana and Papa came by to help. Daddy, Mommy, Papa and Ayla...I mean Arthur...went out while Mana stayed home with Zeke - dressed in his first Packers outfit. :) As you can see in one of the pics Ayla also saw Grammy Pammy and Grandpa Joe as they were down the street at Ruth's sisters house getting ready to trick or treat with the cousins - who all stopped by our place later.

Before we went out we did a "test run" as evidenced in one of the pics to explain the concept of trick or treating to Ayla. It didn't take long for her to figure it out as she would pretty much run up to the houses with mask held up saying "trick or treat, I'm arthur, happy halloween, thank you" before people could even get the door open!

Due to Ayla's various nut allergies she wasn't able to eat much of the candy, but we exchanged some dum dum suckers and nerds which she was plenty happy with. Even with the candy she was asleep before 7:30 that night!

Overall - a successful first time out!

Comments

sarahmartin said…
I watched an entire episode of Arthur recently just because Neil Gaiman was in it, as himself no less. I found the advice that he was giving about creating art to be surprisingly sophisticated.