Seems appropriate
Ayla is amazing. We all should learn a thing or two from her. I have never in my life met anyone with such a sense of wonder. She is absolutely enraptured by the world around her and not afraid to show it. Each day is filled with gasps and enthusiastic "OOOOOO's" coming form our little girl. The light, the reflection of the sun on the ceiling, the wind blowing, flowers, colors....she takes it all in. And music...she hears music and she drums the ground, dances, claps and the especially good part is that she doesn't care. She isn't self conscious. I believe she lives the way she was created to live. The way we were all created to live. She sees everything the way it was created to be seen. And we are all richer to get to look on as she observes the world this way even if our vision has faded.
So I find it so appropriate that she calls flowers, "wow-uzz." And not just flowers. Butterflies are "wow-uzz," leaves are "wow-uzz..." Today I took her to a fabric store and as I wheeled the cart around the store, all anyone could hear was Ayla gasping and squealing in delight and (in her own language) exclaiming the beauty of all the fabrics. Any fabric with flowers, or pretty patterns she would lean waay over and sniff as it were a very real, very fragrant rose. My goofy girlie. She is truly a delight, the definition of it in fact and I love her madly and am grateful to call her my own.
These are random pictures from our Labor Day weekend meanderings.

Comments
What fun and wonderful pictures. You guys are a beautiful family.
Hugs and kisses to all of you. I wish I could have gone to the fabric store with you.
I think my favorite is the first one of Jake and Ayla - it's really precious and Ayla has "wow-uzz" in her hair.
Love to you all.