beautiful blah





I have been feeling a bit blah lately. A little lost. Life is feeling kind of mundane. I feel like I should be doing something. We are in that place, that conveyor belt-feeling place. You know it. Try to catch up on laundry. Eat. Feed Ayla. Put Ayla to bed. Sleep. Go to work. Try to catch up on laundry. Do the dishes. Feed Ayla. Eat. Put Ayla to bed. Sleep. Go to work. Do the check book... Day to day to day to day. Sigh.

Today I was thinking about this process. This status quo. This ongoing cycle of familiar rituals. Sometimes all you need in life is a change in perspective. Today I was remembering when Ayla was first born. I felt like I would never have a status quo again. That my comfortable, familiar, routine based life was gone for ever.

Oh Blah...Oh sweet sweet, beautiful Blah!

Actually, life is never TOO blah with Ayla around. She keeps us busy to say the least! Right now she is saying "Oh NO!" because she can't get a crayon out of a little container she put it in. Her thing lately is to put her fingers together and say "seepeeseepee" which means she wants you to sing the "itsy bitsy spider"- with hand motions of course!

She's still talking alot. Saying "ohkeee!" and "pees" ("okay" and "please") "mot" is milk. She loves to eat and say pizza. She says "alldone" and where'd it go" ("ahdah" and "wheredguu") :) :)

I'd have to say we are at a wonderful place of familiarity and newness all wrapped up in one!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Oh, thank you, thank you for this beautiful post! Sometimes, "blah" is a good place to be. It means that no one has fallen off a bike or died or gone into the hospital or has hit a deer and many, many more things beyond those. Thank you for "blah" and thank you for Beautiful Ayla, who someday I will help to find her beads.
Alyssa Eisler said…
that shovel picture is probably the cutest thing i've ever seen. a-dorable! :D

Popular Posts