Ayla Germann!

On June 7, 2018 Ayla turned 11!! I can’t believe it!

Let me tell you a little bit about Ayla at this age.

Ayla loves gymnastics. She made the competitive team at her gym this spring. She has spent this summer practicing at the gym 4 hours a week and for many more hours at home doing back handsprings in the grass, practicing cartwheels on the curb and any number of other flips on the trampoline. She works so hard at it and it really shows.

Ayla loves slime. She spends a fair amount of time making slime, even more time playing with it, and even MORE time looking at slime reviews on line. She is very knowledgeable about the different types of slime and ways to play with it. She is definitely a slimer. (And would probably hate everything about how I described her and this!)

Ayla is musically inclined. For her birthday we bought her a ukelele. In the two months since then she has taught herself quite a few different songs including Riptide by Vance Joy, I Don’t Know My Name by Grace Vanderwal, Sober Up by AJR, Wake Me Up by Avicci and Have It All by Jason Miraz. She has an absolutely beautiful voice but would beg differ out of (false) modesty. I could really see her going far with her musical talents.

Ayla cut her hair. I probably should’ve posted this earlier, like in May when it first happened. Ayla made up her mind to cut her hair off and it just suits her so well. She is such an individual and follows her own way which we love about her. At times she feels like she’s “odd” and that she’ll never have anyone truly understand her or love her for who she is. 

Ayla is creative. Again, she would never (out of modesty-or lack of confidence) say it, but she is a gifted creative writer, is a really good drawer, a poet and just creative minded in general. I have a lot of respect for her broad world view at such a young age. 

Ayla loves her doggy! Although at times it feel as though she just won’t leave Lady alone-to which Jake and I get rather impatient-Ayla just truly loves her doggy. She loves to snuggle her and gives her the very best belly rubs!

Enjoy pictures of our amazing, getting bigger everyday girlie!!









Comments

Popular Posts