5yearsold!5yearsold!
Two weeks ago today Ayla turned 5!! We generally seem to be able to update the blog on the day of, but life has been at an above-average level of crazy with parties and weddings, sicknesses and Jake out of town for work... So I guess two weeks later is better than two months!
We celebrated Ayla turning 5 with a "friend" party on June 3rd. 3 of her friends and their families came over. It was Disney Princess themed. Beautiful day outside and lots of fun!! Then on the actual day of, we had the immediate family over for pizza and more enjoying of the back yard.
Ayla celebrated turning 5 by learning to tie her shoes and ride her bike without training wheels! She is sooo proud of herself (as are we.) All she wants to do is ride her bike now (sound a little like her mommy?)
Other than that... she is very "in" to Disney Princesses- somewhat to my chagrin. Ah well, again, it could be worse. I'm not even sure why because she hasn't seen any of the movies (still too scary) but I guess Disney Princesses are where it's at for 5 year old girls. :)
I know we try and focus on all the milestone sort of positive things in the blog, but to tell you the truth Ayla is just something else these days. There are days where she can kick our butts by 8a.m. just with how much she challenges our word and with her sour attitude. She is definitely a challenge! I appreciate her strong will though and hope it serves her well in the future. And of course she continues to be so bright which I always assume contributes to her frustration.
Nonetheless, Jake has been out of town all week for work and Ayla has been sleeping in bed with me and I love snuggling with her! Hard to believe she is 5. Just makes me shake my head.
Happy number 5 Ayla!! We love you with all our hearts!
Comments