We had an enjoyable end to July. For once, a month felt as long as it should have. I think the heat helped it crawl along a little bit, but I enjoyed that.
Jake made a tire swing for Ayla (and Zeke soon enough) It hangs from our crab apple tree at the back of the yard. I don't think he was quite sure when he got started how he was going to go about it, but it turned out great! So while Zeke napped last Sunday (July 31) Ayla swung on the tire swing and then we (Jake, Ayla and I) picked raspberries off the bushes overgrown from our neighbors yard into ours. Ayla is like the cookie monster with those things- you can't pick them as fast as she eats them. We watched a cicada bug clinging to the crab tree climb out of it's shell. Ayla named it Kella. It is so much fun to explore with her. To get to show her things and (try to) explain things to her. Sometimes I like to remember the random things that really stuck in my head and heart from my childhood and wonder what of these things will stick with her or become precious in her memory.
Zeke is still a little clown. Always smiling, always throwing a ball or pushing a car. Our latest thing with him has been the battle against his eczema. It covers his legs and has gotten a lot worse as of late. We have recently taken him off gluten to see if that makes any difference. It doesn't seem to slow him down (although it itches pretty bad!) He is taking a few more steps these days and we are eager to see him actually start walking as we think that would certainly help the irritation on his poor little legs. I think he could walk if he wanted to, but I kind of think he sees it as a funny game to get us all excited with 4 or 5 steps and then enjoy our groans as he plunks back down on to his booty.
Comments