Zeker Piper






Zeke is over 2 months old now! Poor guy though - Ayla had the blog all to herself for 3 years but Zeke hasn't even had a "solo" post yet! I don't think he minds sharing with her though. At least by the way he lights up when Ayla comes by. We have to remind her to be a little "gentler and slower" when interacting with him but he gets a kick out of her either way. When she isn't being "gentler" and comes up on him quick his eyes will just shoot wide open and he'll kind of wiggle - probably a bit of a scare to be honest!

He had his 2 month appointment last week and came in at 10lbs 11 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. He's right on his "growth chart" for what it's worth. Honestly his weight, etc isn't such a big deal to us this time around - maybe on purpose. With Ayla she had eating and weight gaining problems so it was always a bit paranoia if she was growing. This guy seems to be eating (for the most part) and growing just fine so there you go. He's even taking a bottle pretty well as I (jake) give him one every morning to try and let Ruth sleep in a little...and to get him used to it.

Otherwise Zeke is a pretty sweet little boy. Never short on smiles if you'll just give him a few seconds of talking and attention. And he really likes to talk back. We have always said Ayla talks alot but this guy will give her a run for her money if he keeps it up! He even talks different when in different moods, like if he's happy or sad. Instead of just crying sometimes he just "tell us his troubles" as Ruth calls it! We have a pretty good video of this that I'll try and put up.

Although sweet most of the time we think he's developing a fussy time in the evening of sorts. Sometimes the crying lasts awhile to say the least! But it's more that we think he's getting ready for a "routine" with naps and bedtime. We're trying to put him to bed at a certain time at night and he usually cooperates but it can take an hour of rocking sometimes - but mommy seems to have the touch lately. He sleeps ok during the night. He gets up 2-3 times to nurse still but otherwise seems to go back to sleep ok. But, we're both pretty tired most of the time as is to be expected.

Ok, so big "knock on wood" with everything that I said is going ok. : )

Let's see, anything else? Oh, he's discovering his hands these days. Every once in awhile you'll see him go cross eyed looking up at them! Mainly though, he likes to just hold them together like he's coming up with a good plan or something. You'd think it was mischievous if he wasn't smiling most of the time!

Ok, well lastly, Zeke has gained his first official nickname "Zeker Piper". Again I need to post the video of it, but Ayla was holding him one day and just "baby talking" to him and says "oh oh Zeker, Piper". Cutest thing. EVER. : ) So, since then that seems to have stuck. Of course we have other silly names for him as well. Ruth's common one is "mister mister" and mine is "zaRell". I don't know...they just happen!

It really is a blessing to have him. Time and attention certainly seem to be harder to find these days but I think Ruth and I are really just "enjoying" him as a baby this time around. Obviously we love Ayla but she was a pretty tough baby. I know we're only 2 months in and always feel a little hesitant to say things like that but it's been fun amidst the challenges of two. He really brings his own personality to our lives and we look forward to seeing him grow up and interact with Ayla more and more.

So, here's one for the boy. : )

PS....all the good smiling pictures kept loading sideways....so I'll work on some of those soon...or just post some to facebook.

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
LOVE the new pic at the opening of the blog of A & Z and LOVE the pics of Z. It's about time he got his own blog post. He's adorable! (just like his sister). Love you all.
Grandpa Joe said…
I agree with Grammy Pammy.
Hugs and Kisses to the 4 of you.
I constantly stalk this blog, and I'm happy to see the debut Zeke solo post! :)

You're children are BEAUTIFUL, my dear cousins, and I hope to meet the wee one some day soon!

Much love and kisses from Colorado! That includes lab kisses. Hope you don't mind.

Popular Posts