Farmer's Market






Realllllly not trying to let so much time go in between updates, but, that's just how it goes sometimes. I know I say this every time but while our day to day life doesn't change much as of late I'm always amazed at the amount of things I feel like I could write in here that go on between Ayla and Zeke. While we obviously do this for family and friends to stay a part of our lives, it's also a way to kind of keep record of the kids as they grow up. My hope is to do an individual update of both of them soon. For our sake and your entertainment (hopefully). Who am I kidding, you mostly just want to see pictures of the kids anyway!

But for now, just wanted to share that we had a nice weekend as we made our first trip down to the Farmer's Market as a foursome. (next time it's golf). Ruth and I laughed as we remembered our first trip there with Ayla we didn't even "join the market" walk and just went around it. Ha.

Anyway, it was already hot and a bit muggy but were were there early enough to avoid that for the most part. Ruth was able to grab a favorite cinnamon roll (although without frosting -dairy) and Ayla enjoyed munching on some yellow beans. Zeke slept and I fended off the autograph seekers....or something. My favorite treat is usually a pumpkin bar but we couldn't find any down there this time and I wasn't quite in the mood for a spicy beefstick. All in all a good trip though and I even ran into an old childhood friend and his family visiting from out of state - go figure.

Ruth's work is only a block a way from the market (Capitol Square) so it makes for a convenient park and regroup station. Also, Ruth was able to check in with her boss and some co-workers as she heads back in a couple weeks now. Meanwhile Ayla and I ran up and down the skyway that connects Ruth's work to the Monona Terrace on the lake. It's like having a giant running play tunnel all to ourselves! Shoes off and everything!

Also Saturday Ruth and I went out to dinner for the first time since Zeke's arrival. My mom and dad came over. We walked down to a favorite Greek restaurant for some Gyros! It was a nice couple hour break. We deserved it after spending the morning cleaning up our water logged basement - boo! But all better now...for the most part.

Sunday was church, porch and Ayla not feeling good - but all better now. Ok, well per usual, hopefully some more updates sooner than later!

Comments

Popular Posts