That Baby!

Somebody's toes are kicking me right now as I write this. "Ahhh" haha and a yell too. Not a cry, a yell. I forgot all the funny noises babies make along with the usual (crying). Pooping itself can be a quite the jolt. Wait, I meant when Zeke poops. Yikes. Geez, 2 kids Jake and you're still using bathroom humor.....moving on.
Now I am typing while balancing Zeke in my arms. I'm on the couch and he's basically in my lap so don't worry. He had his 2 week check up today and "that baby" is doing well. Doc said he looks really good and he's already grown 2 1/2" inches and gained about half a pound from birth weight. The 2 1/2" is kind of crazy really. More than an inch a week at this rate. Boy, if he keeps this up....haha. He is getting quite strong though. He'll push your arm away if you try and give him a pacifier and he doesn't want it and has pretty good head strength on his belly. He's been awake a lot more the last few days - during the day knock on wood too. It's been fun to see those little eyes darting around trying to take in the world. He really does seem to be drawn to Ayla already. I know it's not really possible on purpose yet, but he's even smiled at her a couple times.
Otherwise things are going well. The first couple of weeks are pretty surreal, but having Ayla and all her routines and needs kind of puts you back into life whether you're ready or not. Personally, I think having that need has been good for us. Ayla continues to do well with Zeke. Almost every morning she wants to hold him first thing. And she mostly refers to him as "that baby" which is very cute. Like "That baby is always wiggling" Or crying! She's started to get Zeke his pacifier when he cries too and today she even let him hold baby Clara. She likes to share with him - as you can see in the picture with the cat - that was Ayla's work. : )
Speaking of 2 weeks, in less than that time Ayla will be 3! So hard to believe our baby girl will be 3. She certainly has the attitude for it though. She has said so many funny things lately and asking neat questions. She really is getting big too - and not just in comparision to Zeke. She's also really been mimicking everything I do - which is humbling and somewhat concerning because I want to do things that are worth mimicking! But for example I started ripping out our concrete porch and she grabbed a couple of toy golf clubs to smack it and her little wheelbarrow to haul rocks. And today I was vacuuming (yes, I do house work) and she got our her little vacuum to help.
The last couple of days we've gone out swimming in the backyard - been so hot! And even with the warm weather have been out for 6-7 walks. After Ayla was born we kind of just hid in our house a lot so we've been determined to get out, even if just for walks. And we have Ruth's sister's double stroller so we're rolling in style!
Oh and most importantly the Brewers finally won a game....
PS. Happy Birthday again (yesterday) Mana Sue....and a few days ago (May 20) Aunt Keys (Ruth's sister Sarah) - who was in town this last week and was able to meet Zeke and hang out with Ayla!
Comments
Photo's are wonderful!!!