Pumpernickel & Cheese



Sorry, no April Fools post here - didn't think a "the baby is here" post would be so funny. That will be soon enough anyway. Ruth is 34 weeks today, technically meaning 6 to go. Of course she could always go longer but right now she's thinking early. Everyone is getting a little more ready around here. We rearranged our room and have a "space" for the baby now. Our house is a bit cozier, but we like it. Ayla likes pointing out where the baby is going to sleep. This morning, when she woke up she immediately started talking about swimming lessons and how she was going to teach the baby to swim when it was bigger. Obviously we'll see what happens when all goes down but for now she seems pretty excited about the baby when we talk about it - and she has been bringing it up more on her own lately.

Otherwise she's her wonderful self. : ) As usual, we still do lots of reading and today she came up to me with 2 wooden pencils that she said were chopsticks and proceeded to use them correctly to pick up a plastic shape. I asked Ruth if they had been playing that and she said no. Then I realized one of the books we have been reading is about a kitty girl using chopsticks to eat sushi....haha, yeah, I know. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool Ayla did that. : ) She's been into figuring things out on her own more and more - not without arguments mind you - but it's been neat to see too.

Oh, and the blog post title comes from that same book - Ayla was making a list from the grocery store the other day and mentioned needing pumpernickel and cheese about 37 times. : ) Besides the usual cats eating sushi with chopsticks books- you know - normal kid reading : ) Ayla has been into Garfield. She likes us to tell her what's going on in the various scenes. I can't wait til she gets into Calvin and Hobbes!

Ruth is giving Ayla a bath now - they are spitting out soapy water that "they have to drink because they have the hiccups." Soon will be bedtime. I'm sure everyone around WI anyway has been enjoying the weather the last few days. Us too - sleeping with the windows open is always nice. Although I think the fresh air led to me having a dream Ruth had triplets - 2 girls and boy. So, no insight....unless they are REALLLLY wrong with the ultrasound. : )

I guess that would've worked for an April fool....more like April surprise. One baby will be enough for now though!

Comments

Popular Posts