Skrockit, Skrackit, you know?






The wonderful world of make believe. A common theme around our house from Ruth imagining I had muscles and was better looking....err, nevermind - haha. Just a few minutes ago Ayla was letting us know that I (jake) was Ayla, she was Daddy, and mommy was a butterfly. We enjoyed it because I was able to whine and act like a 2 year old for awhile and Ruth just floated off like a butterfly. Meanwhile Ayla had to shave and had no idea how....obviously I'm in a loopy mood here. But all is well. : )

Pretty standard start to the year for us. Crazy how January is almost through but I think we say that every year, every month! Ayla seems to have wandered into terrible two's category as of late. Lots of conversations that go along the lines of "let's try saying that without whining" and her having random meltdowns because of pants being crooked, sleeves not being rolled up or hair ALWAYS in her face. (one of the pictures is mid fit) You don't know how close we have come to shaving Ayla's head ala Ruth when she was 16 style...

But all in all, she really is still lots of fun. I actually wonder if it's not terrible two's and more spring (or summer) fever. Lately Ayla has been pretty adamant about wearing swimsuits, shorts, no socks, short dresses and short sleeves. OR her Brett Favre Packers jersey. I know, gah...brett favre, but it's a hand me down and it's all we got. If someone gets an itch to buy her something try a size 3T Aaron Rodgers packers jersey. : ) A couple weeks ago my mom, Ayla and I all adorned Packers gear as we watched them lose in the playoffs. Yes, I wore a Packers jersey...

Despite not getting out much we've been finding lots to do around the house. One day after watching bowling on Barney she made "pins" out of her lego blocks and used my basketball as a bowling ball. She even did it in our hallway which is kind of like a bowling alley! Good times. Lots of time spent pretend baking and ALWAYS reading books too. Sometimes we just pile 20 books in the living room and Ayla will just sit and page through them all for 1/2 hour. Latest favorite has been Wonder Pets (thanks Grandpa Brown!)

A few other fun things as of late:

Ayla has been making up some of her own words. Our favorite as of late has been "skrockit" or "scrackit". Such as Ayla says "I'm going to go get a couple of things" Me "What did you get?" Ayla "The scissors and a scrockit". She also uses it as of verb too. : ) Otherwise Ayla's still havin' a bit of stuttering and starts a "speech therapy" session this week. They come to our house and basically just play/work with her, so it's a fun thing for her.

Also, we've enrolled in a "kindermusic" class. Lots of learning, playing to music, singing. It was actually quite fun and Ayla had a blast. That will be once a week too starting in February. Hopefully that'll help carry us through til warm weather returns! We hope you're finding things to help you through too!

The pictures are pretty self explanatory but I wanted to point out the ones of Ayla in her shorts, black shoes (usually a must) and as she calls it her "swimsuit basketball shirt". Awesome.

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
I think the second picture should be titled "I Gotta Be Me!" because that's what it looks like she's singing. Oohhh, she's just the best! Love her and love you all.
aureo06 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
aureo06 said…
Great blog. I love that she's making up her own words and actually using them in sentences! Ayla is so cool. And may I just add... "Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets we're on our way!"

Popular Posts