Holiday Redux






I think that title is correct from what I'm attempting to do....

Christmas has come and gone once again. A wonderful time it was. May the memories and love (and toys!) now carry us through to the warmer days of Spring. Gee, I almost sounded poetic there. Christmas was wonderful - it was cool to see how much more Ayla processed it this year - you know, getting stuff. Just Kidding. Honestly, she's picked up quite a few Christmas songs...Deck the Halls, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree and the Dradel song topping off her list.

The festivities kicked off for us Christmas Eve Eve as Ruth and I had off from work for some final preparations and family fun. Ayla and I were able to spend some good time out playing in the snow as well! On Christmas Eve we trekked to my parents through the ice and snow (all 10 miles) and began the fun with my brother and his family in town the night before from Kentucky. (imagine their trip) Presents were exchanged, good food was eaten and little was I (jake) aware of my impending doom that would happen the next day. : ) After playing on and on with her cousin Allie while her other cousin Caden schooled the rest of us in monopoly we went to church and headed back home awaiting Christmas morning just the 3 (and 1/2) of us.

Christmas morning was lots of fun. Ayla didn't wake up with the excitement exactly of knowing what was going to happen, but she was excited once the gift began being opened. Best gift was thee $0.77 kid's scissors - audible gasp no kidding. She proceeded to assist with the rest of the presents by cutting ribbons and paper which we're still finding around the house. : ) After a nice morning we head back to my parents for a little more Christmas cheer, Christmas dinner and my parents tree falling on me while I napped on the couch - that's right, I was attacked unprovoked by the tree! Fortunately Ruth and I mom were able to witness the whole thing go down so there are some pretty good laughs gained from that.

Day after Christmas was back with my parents and family as my bro and crew were heading home Sunday. We all went sledding (minus Ruth for obvious reasons). Ayla took some convincing but once Papa convinced her she gave out a "this is going to be great!" and off we went. I was happily surprised to find out she loved it! We spent most of our time going down the small hill but after 2 times she was asking to go by herself. Eventually we made it over to the big hill with the rest of the family to go down as a train - a little wild but she had a good time. It was hard to say goodbye Sat. night and poor little Allie shed a few tears when her buddy Ayla had to go. They actually played and bonded for the first real time - it was neat to see. Allie was such a sweetheart sharing her toys and teaching Ayla the ropes of hide and seek, jumping on the bed and making snow angels on the bed too. I feel for Caden as those two team up in years to come! : )

After a few days of the realities of going back to work, we had New Years Eve and Christmas Part 2 with Ruth's parents and sister Sarah on New Years Day. We actually all went out together for Gyros where I think Ayla pooped for the first time in a restaurant I believe....haha. Actually it was pretty funny because Ayla has REALLY taken to wearing dresses with "leggings" and she had some new blue one's on. When she "went" she exclaimed "oh no! I pooped in blue!"

On New Years Day Christmas Day we arrived early for fresh out of the oven traditional Martin deliciousness "pah knee cookin" I actually have no idea how to spell it, that's just how it sounds. It's a traditional Martin Christmas meal and always cooked to perfection by mom. (I'm already working for presents next year). We had a fun day exchanging gifts, watching Star Trek (and muddy football) and Ayla was able to spend some nice time with her Aunt Sarah who she doesn't get to see too often. They had Ruth fooled pretty good in a game of hide and seek. After another delicious meal it was "Pregnant Lady and One Armed Man Fireworks Company" fireworks show. Ruth and her dad proceeded to light some fireworks for our enjoyment to wrap up Christmas and welcome in the New Year. Ruth's' other sister and family celebrated Christmas on Christmas Day with the rest of the family as we were at my parents.

And I guess that's a wrap (or un-wrap?) for us with Christmas this year. We thank everyone for all the gifts and cards and we promise next year we'll actually send some out haha. We hope and pray all of you had a wonderful Christmas with loved ones and have a very blessed 2010.

Family - we love you and miss you - wherever you may be....

We'll try and post more pictures from it all soon, but here's a few for now....

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Thanks for the new update. Nice pictures. We enjoyed our New Year's Christmas Day with you.

Popular Posts