Happy...
....Mother's Day to many, and Birthday to Papa Dave! All sorts of good things going on today! Although I know Grammy Pammy and Mana Sue both miss their "mommy's" today as well. We miss them too but are happy to know you both carry on their love in loving us - and you do it quite well.
And I know if Ayla could - she would tell Ruth that she is a most amazing mommy and I would add that Ayla is very blessed to have her! (as am I)
Ok, hugs all around everyone. Wherever you are, hug your mom. If not available, hug whoever's closest and tell them to deal with it. :)
Ayla and I are hanging out on this day as Ruth has to work - on mother's day yes. So far it's been a fun morning of coloring and dumping crayons out and putting them back in the box and I forsee a bath in the future....for Ayla. Later on we'll head to Papa Dave's & Mana Sue's to celebrate his birthday and mother's day. Although working Ruth is planning on taking a bike ride after work today, so at least she'll get to do that!
This blog won't be much more as it's focus has already been stated - but I did want to say that Ayla did something this week that made my heart very happy. One night while we were getting ready for bed (changing diaper, jammies, etc) I started singing to help move things along as Ruth put lotion on her. Hey, it helps. However, instead of just listening Ayla joined full in and the 3 of us began singing songs all together Twinkle Little Star, Ba ba black sheep & I'm a little Teapot, word for word, all the way through. It was great! And it's been common place ever since. Oh, and after listening to a song in the car she said "The music is beautiful" Awww... :)
Ok, well again, happy wishes to mother's everywhere.....my own, my sisters, my cousins and friends - and those soon to be! Oh, and congrats to my cousin Amy "on being a mom again" (and Todd & Degan) last week with the birth of her baby girl Senna!
Comments