Happy Memorial Day

And Happy Birthday Mana Sue!! we are glad you had a nice one (and that you didn't drown!)

It's finally spring! What a nice day it was here. Jake and I are taking this weekend to try and get some things done around the house and yard. Jake installed some gutters on the house and shed, I planted (with the help of my parents) some flowers in pots today and scrubbed the bathroom top to bottom yesterday (not that you needed to know that!)

This evening we had dinner at Grammy Pammy's and Grandpa Joe's. Beth, Martin, Olivia, Alejandro and Quique were there and we walked down to the park all together. When we came back, the kids all ate push-ups (yum!) Tomorrow we will stick with our Memorial Day tradition and have breakfast with Jake's parents (Papa Dave and Mana Sue) and then go to the cemetery with them and visit some family graves.

An update on Ayla:
This last Tuesday We had her in to an allergist and found out she has an allergy to peanuts and to tree nuts (specifically walnuts.) As some may know, this is pretty severe allergy that requires close attention because of the risk of anaphylactic shock ( I know I didn't spell that right) So now we are required to carry and epipen wherever we go.

At first I took it pretty hard (I'm kinda like that, though) The idea of it is pretty scary and overwhelming. But, as a mom (and a person) I am learning to roll with the punches!

Well, Jake just put Ayla to bed, so now we have an hour to hang out before we crash. West Wing here we come! Enjoy the long weekend everybody!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Actually, you spelled "anaphylactic" exactly right. Let's hope you don't have to become too familiar with the word.

It was fun doing flowers with you.

See you soon!
Dennis said…
Wow, you've had some wonderful stuff lately, hope to see you all soon!

Popular Posts