A Happy Heart
I am blogging this more for my sake and my records than for you... but obviously I don't mind if you share it with me!
Earlier today Ayla and I went across town to visit Jake at work and to have lunch with him. When we got home we were playing out in the back yard. I took Ayla out to the very back of the yard where wild violets grow in the grass. I showed her them and showed her how to pick them. Then I went inside and filled a little vase with water and brought it out and together Ayla and I filled it with purple and blue and white violets.
As we did it Ayla got really excited and kept saying "sho petty flawas." (so pretty flowers)
This was one of those times you think and dream about when you think about someday becoming a mom. A moment when you can share with your child the things that are important to you. Somehow bringing things full circle. You dream it as being very fulfilling.
And it was! When I was growing up on Richard Street, on the side of our house every spring violets would bloom in the grass. It is just a very happy memory of that house and that time of life. And I have always found satisfaction that in me and Jake's backyard each spring you can find the same thing.
So needless to say it was a wonderful moment for me. A wonderful thing to experience and share with Ayla.
Comments