trying to keep up!






Hey... thanks to everybody who have requested we post a blog (Rachel) it's nice to know people care that we post. It really is harder to keep up on it than it used to be. Not only is Ayla constantly moving, she wants your attention at all times, and we don't take as many pictures of her as we did when she was tiny (pretty easy to do when they can't crawl or walk yet).

Life has just fallen into that wonderful, comfortable day-to-day with not a whole lot of milestones. Ayla does new things everyday, but they are subtle (today she called her baby "Clara" instead of "Care-la")... :( makes me sad, I loved that pronunciation!

So, what's new in Germannland? Jake left yesterday to visit his cousin in Georgia and Ayla inevitably came down with a cold just like she did last time Jake went out of town. Something that takes getting used to as a parent is the capacity for your kid to get sick over and over again. I get sick once a year...maybe. Ayla has had 3 bad colds in 6 weeks.

Today Ayla's "Mana Sue" (Jake's mom) and I took Ayla to a baby shower for cousin Laura. It was fun! Ayla did very well and was a charmer (as usual) especially for being sick and skipping her nap! She pretty much hung on Dennis (Laura's hubby) the entire time, which made everyone happy since he is the Dad-to-be. It was endearing!

Now Ayla is at Jake's parents (thanks Mana Sue and Papa Dave!) I bought a movie at the new Target here in Sun Prairie and am about to visit Milio's subs and paint my toe nails if I stay awake long enough!

These pictures are just a few random ones I took the other day with our computer...enjoy!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Thanks for the update. I check the blog all the time, even though you're on Facebook. The blog is a little more personal. Great pictures. I'm glad Ayla is feeling better.

We will see you soon, I hope.

Love you,
Mom
Grammy Pammy said…
P.S. Thanks, Rachel H., for requesting the blog update.

Popular Posts