Ayla Chats

Ayla was in the Addams Family-the Musical at SPEHS this year. About a month before the performances, her anxiety spiked really badly and her emotions became very disregulated to the point where she wasn’t able to attend school for a couple weeks. We have found that this isn’t uncommon for her in March, strangely. 

She was finding a lot of comfort reading the blog and looking back at so many wonderful times. I encouraged her to write one of her own since I get so little time to do so. So here it is! She didn’t quite finish it but I live all that she had to say and I’m grateful she took the time to write it. 

Also: she got back on track and was able to perform in EVERY ONE of the performances of the musical and it was incredible!


Hi! 
It’s Ayla, and this is the first blog post i have ever written :)

I’ve been home from school due to struggling with some mental health problems, and I’ve been reading this blog as a sort of coping mechanism. It’s really fun and comforting to read about yourself and your family in the past :)
 
I guess I’ll give an update on the family

Otto is almost 20 months, and I love the age he’s at. He absolutely loves dancing and spinning (until he gets dizzy.) A lot of the time I will be practicing my dancing for the musical and he’ll come an join me!!
Here are some other cute things he does
hug the dogs and says “puppeyyye” (his version of puppy)
will yell “dop!!!” for stop when he doesn’t like something
says “by” for bike, which he loves riding around the house
loves going outside and riding in his wagon
likes to bring his toy broom up to people and have them take it apart and put it back together 
loves to sing! Especially when he is in the car or if someone else is singing 
sometimes he will go down the list name everyone in the family “momma? dada? ayLA? bubba?”
calls everything even vaguely duck-like a duck duck (“da da!”)
loves wearing my bracelets
will point at something and make a little “mm!” sound of he wants it 
has started saying things before words. For example if you ask him what something is, he won’t just name it, he’ll say something like “ijsha _____!”, kind of like he’s saying “it’s a _____!”
likes twinkle twinkle little star, and if you say star or he sees a star, he will say “howeyyye” like “how i” (wonder what you are)

Wow that was a lot haha. Onto everyone else :)

Mom and I still do a lot of things together on the weekend, like going to markets and stores, though I’m trying to give her some time to relax lol. She’s my best friend and i love her.

Lately, Zeke and I have been hanging out more, playing mario kart,& and watching our favorite T.V. show together, Brooklyn 99!! He’s such a cool person and has the most incredible talent for 3D art. Dude is totally going to design horror movie props some day.

Dad and I haven’t gotten to hang out as much because of the combination of his schedule and my school schedule. However, the past week we’ve been together a lot because of my anxiety stuff and it makes me remember how much I miss him. Most of our time together normally is in the morning while we all get ready, and I like the little moments him, Otto, I, and sometimes Zeke have together during that time.

Last Sunday we went to Church for the first time in a while, which was a really good experience. We went to Gothem Bagels in downtown Madison after, which was insanely busy but delicious! We have also been rewatching Brooklyn 99 as a family, though we recently started a youtube series instead. 

I think all of us really want some spring,


Comments

Popular Posts