8 Months and Then Some

Today is April 21. Otto is already at least halfway to 9 months and I’m just now writing the 8 month blog.

Otto has changed so much in the last 4-6 weeks! He cut his top two teeth and has two more coming in on the side of those! In the last week he has started army crawling and is on the move! We have t had our house baby proofed for 10 years… it’s going to take some adjustment. He is doing a lot more multi-syllable babbling. (Aunt Mandy always used to say “diggle-dah.”)

Also in the last week we have seen some separation anxiety when we leave his room or step away from him for a moment. I have also witnessed some temper tantrums! He lets you know when he’s not happy about something; especially like when I put him in his saucer or pack-n-play when he doesn’t want to go. He will kick his legs and fuss. Seems a bit early for that behavior!😋

One funny thing he does that I want to remember is the way he hooks his legs around my hands to push them away when I am trying to change his diaper. It’s actually kind of frustrating but still is humorous to me somehow. 

Otto is eating more solid foods. He gets breakfast and dinner each day now. Still a lot of purées and a small amount of finger foods. I am down to nursing him 4 times a day and once at night. 

His hair is getting so long and looks really silly. It fluffs out on the sides in the cutest way. Over the last two days he figured out clapping and it is just so. darn. cute. You’ll look over at him and he’ll just be smiling and clapping and clapping.

When he is angry he makes a sound I call “ray ray.”  It’s kind of like he is rarr-ing but it’s so rrrr-y that it sounds like “ray ray ray ray.” (Hard to describe. I wonder if I’ll know what I mean by that when I look back at this someday.😋)

He is still such a joy in our life. So smiley and sweet.

In other news, Ayla and zeke have 5 weeks left if the school year! Ayla is in her last week of rehearsal before the musical Moana Jr. hits the stage! Zeke is always keeping busy with crafting!!

I am trying to figure out childcare for Otto for the fall and feeling anxious about returning to work in 4 months. 

Comments

Popular Posts