7 months!

I’m a few weeks late in this post. I had been keeping up on posting up until now. I had time on my hands while I rocked Otto for his naps twice a day and could not do much besides hold a baby and go on my phone. I am happy to say this month that has changed and Otto is taking naps in his crib on his own!!

It has been wonderful having some time each day to rest or exercise or do chores!

Already since Otto turned 7 months he has changed and has developed new skills and cute actions and sounds. But here are some of the things we saw in month #7:

-Otto is so goofy and likes to make you laugh. He would look at you, tilt or hang his head waaay over to the side and/or shake his head back and forth as a silly game to show you he was being crazy.

-During this month he became very fascinated with clapping. If you clap for him he would just stare and grin!

-He doesn’t know how to clap by himself just yet, but he did figure out how to hold an object in each hand and bang the two together. 

-He has just started sitting up independently.

-Otto seems to make new consonant sounds everyday, but the primary sound of this month was definitely “Dada.” He isn’t saying it intentionally as a name for Jake, it just was the sound he made the most this month. It does seem like he says it a lot when talking to Jake or Ayla or Zeke. It’s like it’s his word for close family.😊

-This month he figured out how to roll back over from his belly to his back.

-Also this month he started being able to fall asleep independently from awake. This development feels like freedom to me!!

-One if my favorite things he does-and one that only I get to enjoy- is what I call his “milk cry.”  He makes this cry *only* when he’s about to nurse and I’m not getting it to him fast enough. It’s such a cute, funny sounding cry where he makes this squeaky kind of whimper sounds. ❤️












Comments

Popular Posts