6 months!

I seriously can not believe Otto is already 6 months old! It is both amazing and sad how quickly time is flying. I have to admit it is somewhat of a relief seeing that I enjoy babies much more as they start to interact and respond and have routines.

At 6 months Otto couldn’t be much more delightful. He’s such a happy guy, so smiley and talkative. He makes this unconscious sounds that I can only describe as “redda-deh-deh” and/or “huddah.” (I hope I know what I mean when I read this someday!) He is so silly and very aware of when he is making someone laugh. He’ll grin and his eyes kind of twinkle and then he’ll ham it up, trying to get more laughs out of you. Often when he is nursing he’ll suddenly stop, get real quiet and still, put his lips together like he is going to make a “B” sound and then he’ll just blow out and grin and grin. (Again, trying to describe something cute he does…hopefully I’ll know what I mean!)

This month he got his first two teeth-both on the bottom front- one right after the other. He’s often got his tongue hanging out just feeling those teeth! At the same time as getting teeth, he also started rolling over in his crib at night so sleep was disrupted for a while! He has it mostly figured out now, with Jake needing to pat his butt or rub his back to help him fall asleep on his belly.

Every morning when he wakes up, we “turn in his birdies” (on the sound machine) and give him his caterpillar (a stuffed animal Uncle Josh gave to Ayla when she was a baby) and he just lays in his crib and talks and talks and plays with/chews on his caterpillar. It’s his morning routine.

When he’s in his crib or pack-and-play he enjoys playing this game where he pulls a bib or burp cloth or piece of clothing over his face and then he flails around acting like he can’t see and can’t breath, just to pull it off and grin and grin. (It sounds dangerous… but it’s never unsupervised.) He also loves the strings on hooded sweatshirts (again, with supervision and no loose ends.)

I have yet to attempt to get him on any sort of nap schedule. Well, that’s not true. He’s on a schedule, but only naps if he is held and rocked in the chair. I haven’t been in a real hurry to get him to nap in his crib. Although it would be nice to have the time to myself, I also really like holding him and rocking him (and playing games on my phone) and know he’s going to get big so fast. 

He has started eating some vegetable purées, but I am looking forward to starting finger foods once he sits up more independently. He seems very interested in eating what we eat and often tries to snatch Jake’s cup out of his hand while Jake is drinking from it.

Rosie is his bff. She would lick him top to bottom if we let her. He sees her and just grins! They have had some VERY adorable interactions lately where they seem like they are just hanging out or like they are playing. 

At his checkup he was 16# 10oz. 








Comments

Popular Posts