5 months!

This month Otto got even MORE expressive with his facial expressions and tone of voice. Laying in his crib in the morning and squealing with delight or letting you know he’s unhappy with an adamant, “RARRARRARRR!”

He drools like a faucet, shoves everything in his mouth; especially the neckline of whatever he’s wearing which has resulted in a nasty rash in the folds of his neck. He started grabbing his toes and putting them in his mouth. He also learned how to roll from back to belly.

He has almost completely stopped napping in his crib and will only nap if he’s held and rocked. Nights have been more and more rocky as well and we are hard-pressed to get a long stretch of sleep out of him at all, although New Year’s Eve he slept awesome and only woke up once to nurse!  He’s also shown us that he CAN settle himself back to sleep in his crib sometimes, but mostly doesn’t. I’m about ready to have him cry it out, I just miss my sleep so much!

He got an exer-saucer thing from Mana and Papa for Christmas and spends a lot of time in there, it’s si cute how he can hold his head up completely unassisted. Almost every time he’s in it he poops which results in 5-alarm diaper emergencies every time!

His cradle cap is gone, his hair is coming in fuzzy and light brown. He’s made it through his first cold and first Christmas and I’ve been really branching out with what I eat and am almost back to eating normally!

He is still just the smiliest little guy. This month we heard his first true, deep belly laughs courtesy of big sister, Ayla. He and Rosie have had quite a few cute interactions, I think they might be good buddies once Otto is older and more mobile.















Comments

Popular Posts