2 months!
As of October 9, Otto is 2 months old!







At his 2 month checkup he was 12 pounds and 23 inches long.
I had forgotten all the cute sounds newborn babies make. Otto has had a whole repertoire. He has what I have deemed “laughing chipmunk,” “velociraptor,” “tiny elephant,” “tired squealing,” not to mention all sorts of sweet little squeaks and sputters. He is proving to be another vocal baby and right at the two month mark started to really respond with coos, especially to singing. Sometimes he’ll furrow his little brow and just “tell you all about it.” So, so cute. I’m grateful I get to experience this all again.
He LOVES Ayla, loves his feet being drummed against your belly- a sure fire way to get him to calm down. Another way is to take him into the bathroom with the exhaust fan on. He also LOVES his twinkle lights and will just lay in his crib each morning and smile so big at them. He also likes to be up on his changing table in order to look (and smile) at them.
He has become quite a smiley guy and when smiled at will often respond with a huge, open-mouthed grin, complete with a dimple and his tongue peeking out! He has also just sprouted eye lashes which just makes him even cuter.
He has started taking an afternoon nap. He has a pretty well established bedtime routine. I’m still off dairy and gluten to hopefully make breastfeeding more successful.
He took his first trip to a restaurant on his 2 month birthday, when we ended up at Culver’s in Beaver Dam (due to an overcrowded pumpkin farm.) it was a success! (Unlike our trip to the pumpkin farm!)
Comments