Christmas 2020
Our preparation for Christmas was quite different in 2020. The first week of December we (Jake and I) tested positive for COVID. The kids got sick too but we didn’t have them tested. So, we quarantined for 2 weeks. During those two weeks I found out I am pregnant! A week after that I had to return to work after almost 8 months off.




(“Christmas tree” cinnamon roll)
(Rosie reaching for Ayla’s)

(One day I feel like making rosettes even though none of us could taste anything.)






It, of course, was still a wonderful Christmas and we have so much to be thankful for!!





(Zeke creating with Fimo clay he got from Aunt Keys!)
Needless to say this put a damper on our holiday preparations mostly because we couldn’t leave the house and then after that I was exhausted and not feeling well from pregnancy and adjusting back to work.
Thanks to our wonderful friends the Jontz’s, who let us pick out a Christmas tree via FaceTime call and then delivered it to our front step, we were able to have a Christmas tree! I decorated it with every string of Christmas lights we had- both color and white- because every single strand was half burnt out. It was a beautiful tree and obviously very memorable!
I managed to get the house decorated and to bake some cookies but I’ll be honest, my heart wasn’t in any of it.
(“Christmas tree” cinnamon roll)
(Rosie reaching for Ayla’s)
(One day I feel like making rosettes even though none of us could taste anything.)
We did REALLY enjoy a pre-Christmas dinner at Taco Johns once we were out of quarantine.
And we of course continued on with our Christmas Eve tradition of leaving cookies in the shed for Santa.
We also spent some evenings together reading Christmas books.
It, of course, was still a wonderful Christmas and we have so much to be thankful for!!
(Zeke creating with Fimo clay he got from Aunt Keys!)
Comments