For as long as the kids have been alive, I had to leave for work every morning before they woke up. That all changed in August of 2016 when I got hired by the Sun Prairie Area School District. For the past two years I have had the pleasure of working close to home and not having to be to work until 8:00am.
With all that extra time I unintentionally formed a new morning routine. I wake up, work out, get cleaned up, and then wake up Zeke. We then sit and snuggle on the couch and have breakfast together and watch PBS kids. 2016-2017 our show of choice was Wild Kratts. When the TV schedule changed with the next school year, we started watching Word Girl instead. Toward the end of the 2017-2018 school year, Ayla started joining us.
What wonderful and precious time-probably my favorite time of the day.
Things will be changing again for the 2018-2019 school year. Ayla is off to middle school-the first time the kids have gone to separate schools. I have accepted a full time position at my job and will therefore be gone early in the mornings again. This precious morning routine is something I will deeply miss and almost caused me to not accept the job. One positive of this situation, though, is that Ayla and I will now go to the same school! I am excited to see her throughout the day at Patrick Marsh.
Zeke and I will have to find new times to snuggle and spend time together. I am so grateful for the past few years of it though!! I don’t have any great pictures of those times. Here are a few I came up with though!
Comments