Over a month ago...


...Ayla turned 9!!! How quickly time passes continues to be a source of great sadness to me. The kids-and our family- are amazing, and bring me so much joy. I feel so grateful. But to reference a quote from a song I liked a long time ago..."I can't remember all times I've tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass." I want to be present to every moment, every emotion, every need. And of course that is unrealistic.

So I am once again putting forth my best effort to post things here, to help us remember these moments as time goes by.

What can I say about 9 year old Ayla? She is moving into 4th grade with an interest in becoming an author. She is currently in summer school learning how to draw comic strips/graphic novels. She loves the shows "Liv and Maddie" and "Girl Meets World." She is getting better and better at swimming and is awesome at tennis, but doesn't feel she has found "her thing." You know, like the thing she LOVES to do. The thing she wants to continue in for years to come. Jake and I think tennis could be that thing but she assures us it's not and is considering trying dance or giving gymnastics another go. 

She has read the first two Harry Potters. She recently discovered the story of Bethany Hamilton and Soul Surfer. She is still long and skinny. She asks big questions and wrestles with big concepts for her age. She just seems older.

Comments

Popular Posts