*For some reason the new blogger doesn't put in paragraph breaks so bear with the one big paragraph. That is not how I typed this.*
So here I am, 9:00 at night, eating a toasted bagel and hot cocoa... a personal favorite combination of mine. I was so cold and eager to drink the cocoa that my tongue is feeling a bit scorched now. The kids are both asleep... for now. That may be the number one reason I haven't blogged in quite a while...sleep. Or lack there of. I always hesitate to talk about anything that isn't a highlight of life with kids, assuming most people don't want to hear about it. So if you don't, best you just click on to facebook or some other site to better entertain you. But for the sake of record keeping/scrap booking, whatever you want to call it... for our sake of remembering life as life is, here goes. We don't get a lot of sleep. And I dearly love to sleep. It sucks. We are so tired. All the time. It sucks. Kindergarten started for Ayla and after a couple of weeks (silly me. silly, silly me.) thought, "huh. That transition went smoother than I thought it would." *sigh* And then the sleep issues started. First she wouldn't go to sleep at night. Then when she did go to sleep she would have hour long scream fests all hours of the night and not remember it in the morning. She was anything from just crabby and restless to delirious and thrashing, but either way, Zeke was the only one getting any sleep (and thank the Lord for that at least!) It's been a long couple of months, but nights have calmed down to be mostly scream-less, but we have a 5 year old sleeping in bed with us each night. You do whatcha gotta do, I guess. I remind myself often that it is not forever. I hate to even post this because I am not trying to be hard on Ayla. It's not her fault. But you just get to a point of exhaustion and then the rest of life is just surviving. Doing JUST enough laundry so that everyone at least has clean undies. Doing JUST enough housework so that we aren't completely grossed out by our own home. Buying JUST enough groceries to get by(chicken nuggets again tonight kiddos...) Okay, maybe I'm a bit dramatic... Ayla is doing really well in school by the way. She is so stinking smart. She has declared that she wants to be a teacher and each day comes home from school and immediately starts to play that she is one. She has a little set up in the toy room and spends hours teaching a couple of kids she has named Lili and Cheetoh. Zeke is doing well. He is following in his big sister's footsteps of having the vocabulary of one much older than he is. We have a bout of respiratory illness going through the kids right now and he spent the last three days using a nebulizer. Whoopie cold weather! I think in my last post I talked about how well the two of them play together. How quickly things change. Man can the two of them fight. They both nitpick each other and drive each other (and me, in turn) crazy. Hmmm... I know I have so much more to say, but I am fizzling out. It's almost 9:30 and I've been up since 5 (and was up at least 4 times last night) so I gotta go crash. Thanks to you all who keep checking our blog... Don't give up on us, we're still here!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Poor Mom and Dad! Yet, through it all, you have two wonderful, amazing kids. And you are wonderful, amazing parents. Hang in there! There are many who love you and pray for you. And we are some of them! :)
aureo06 said…
Thinking of you guys!

Popular Posts