Guck
"Guck" as in stuck. A current favorite and often used phrase of Zeke. Most of the time this is said after he's done eating and in his booster seat. It's the same every time. He's done, you un-click him from his chair - but don't you DARE get him down. He must now re-click the buckle back together, look up and say "guck". Repeat 5-10 times. THEN he can get down. : )
Guck seemed an appropriate title as we've been stuck in a few and far between blog rut in for awhile. Not that this really matters. I mean my parents have like a 20 page plastic album of my entire life from birth to 3 or so and it's not like I'm any worse for the ware haha. In fact, it's kind of nice to have only one little book to look over every once in awhile with the kids. As of now they have 250 blog posts to read!
Z turned a year and a half last friday. Oh, and Ayla turned 53 months a few days before. This was big news. : ) At Zeke's 18 month check up we found he's actually grown quite a bit. Even getting into the double digits in some categories. The other night I had to rock him in the middle of the night. As he laid on my chest I thought - hmm...you are getting big. So is Ayla. Goodness she's such a little kid. I have a kid - not a little baby girl. I am pretty sure this will happen all through her life.....as in "I have a 4th grader?!" and "I have a teenage girl?!" and "Um, you want to marry her young man?!". Ok, getting ahead of myself.
Back to lately - haha, well Halloween came and went! And now we're less than a week til Thanksgiving! Ayla is doing well in school - we got her first "report" card of sorts - or what could be considered one I guess. No surprises - she's a genius. The teacher is already asking us about her going from Pre-K right to 2nd grade....JUST KIDDING. But she's enjoying it. Once a month her class gets to go to the "big school" - K-5th and she has a 3rd grade friend over there. That was this last week.
A couple weekends ago Ruth and I escaped out of town up north to a friends cabin. AMAZING. Our first time away from Zeke overnight - and obviously both kids at the same time. They did great and had a lot of fun over at Mana Sue and Papa Dave's house.
Let's see - oh, this last Tuesday we had a family trip to the pet store - just to look and play. I took Tuesday off because I worked an overnight last Friday/Saturday. Anyway, as mentioned both our kids love cats - Zeke because Ayla - Ayla because of her cousin Allie and Allie because of her mom - so I blame my sons love of kitty cats on his Aunt Mandy! So, we walk into Animart and they have some puppy's in a little fence ring about 10 feet from the cats area. Zeke just goes bonkers! For about 10 minutes he's just walking back and forth between them going "meOWWW!" "Bar! Bar!" Wish I had a video clip. He wasn't too interested in really touching the animals but loved seeing them. Ayla was able to hold and play with a pair of kittens. She loves her kitty's too and would like to have one but actually is really understanding about her mommy's allergies.
Well, I know this has been kind of random and all over. All in all it's been a nice fall so far. Ruth is STILL biking to work - it was 23 degrees this morning! We're looking forward to the short week next week (although Ruth works on Thanksgiving per every year). I hope everyone reading is doing well and prayers for a blessed Thanksgiving for everyone if we don't right before then.
These are some picks from early fall/halloween (Ayla was a princess this year. Zeke was a little brother). And yes, we let our 18 month old watch tv. : )
Comments
See you Thanksgiving!
Love you all!