Dumdum Daddy?
So, Ayla and Ruth had a haircut appointment the other day - the day where it snowed, sleeted and iced the roads over like in January - you know a typical Wisconsin spring day (had to get that complaint in haha). Anyway, Ayla went first and then I picked up Ayla and Zeke on my way home from work. Well, Ayla always gets a dumdum sucker from Tiffany (hair person) when she's done. We made it home with sucker still in tact. Unfortunately somewhere in the getting out of the car process Ayla dropped her sucker. I looked in the carseat, on the car floor and even got on the wet, dirty garage floor to look under the car. No luck. Poor Ayla was a bit upset. Ok, pretty upset - but in a sweet way - not a monster way. I was able to sooth the heartache by assuring her I would call mommy and see if she could bring a new one home but no promises. That was good enough. And Ruth was able to bring one home.
After dinner Ayla was allowed to have a few licks of the new sucker since she already had half of another one. During this time I excused myself to the restroom. And when washing my hands I looked in the mirror and thought...what on earth is on my neck? Or near my neck. As in stuck to the inner collar of my shirt.
A dumdum sucker. Ahhhh.....wha?
To everyone's amusement we figured out that when we got home I had to pick Ayla up out of her carseat (she can get out on her own now) because our garage is so crammed full of bikes, toys, etc from the few nice days we had awhile ago. Somewhere in that exchange she dropped the sucker down my coat, sweatshirt and into my shirt. Without me noticing then or for the next hour and probably longer if I had not happened to glance in the mirror.
Pictures of thee sucker. Along with one of Ruth and Ayla playing dress up. Ayla and Zeke "standing around" and one of Zeke "slightly excited".
Comments