Where does the time go?
This date, March 8th, has been significant to me for 17 years now. It was a Tuesday, March 8th in 1994 that my Grandpa Germann passed away after a brief battle with cancer. I was a 13 year old 8th grader at the time. It was one of those days that just changed things for me. And one of those moments in time I can still reach back to and feel all these years later. What's funny is how that 13 year old seems like a completely different person altogether now. Like instead of feeling it inside, I see him in front of me.
As you can tell, I get quite sentimental and reflective around this day. But it's not a bad thing. It's just amazing to think how much has changed since that time. How now my Dad is Grandpa Germann, although he goes by Papa. Grandpa Germann just doesn't seem to suit him! And I know my Mom will NOT stand for being called Grandma Germann (rest Grandma Germann's soul) haha! Or I think about how I'm much closer to my dad's age in 1994 (40) than to the age I was in 1994 (13). Whoa!
Anyway, I'm still glad March is here. Zeke has spent most of it with a fever of 103 - although it's been in the upper 90's most of today and he seems more himself. Ayla and Zeke are quite snuffly. Ruth and I are 10 months (or maybe nearly 4 years) tired.
But I've been encouraged by the verse Colossians 3:15 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.... And be thankful."
I'm trying to let Him anyway. But I am thankful.
I still miss you Grandpa - and all my Grandparents - now. Ruth's too. And we're very thankful for Ayla and Zeke's Papa, Mana, Grandpa Joe & Grammy Pammy. You all better stick around for awhile - QUITE awhile. : )
Everyone's asleep for the moment. I should go too!
Comments