Meeting of the minds - Mind wandering ramble
Note: I think I started writing this a month ago! I edited it to make it more current and well, here you go.
LIfe is crazy. We say stuff like that all the time but what the heck it really means I don't know. What I do know is that life is crazy. Haha. I don't feel thee most eloquent with my words tonight (as if I am in other posts!), but I wanted to write something anyway. Ayla turned 3 1/2 this month. Zeke is now 7 months! Ruth and I turned 50 these last few months. : )
I know those of you reading this (if you're still around) don't read it for my rambling thoughts at the end of a day. And I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just wanted to get a post out there and remind myself how thankful I am.
Between Zeke and my new job and a growing up little girl life has been more challenging. And it's ok. But the blog has been a far away thought as of late and only now with everyone asleep and me awake enough at the end of the day I thought I'd give this another whirl.
And I start it all off by saying Ruth is amazing. She works hard at home and work and loves Ayla, Zeke and me with all of her heart. Between the 4 of us she gets the least amount of sleep and down time. But I think she gets quite a lot out of her baby's toes, and smiles as only a mommy could. But she should. She's an amazing mommy - and still my beautiful wife. : )
Ayla continues to explode my heart everyday. She's just so full of wonder and every parent says this but she's so bright that I worry if I'll be capable of being a good enough dad for her. And she's only 3! Since Zeke's birth I feel a connection with her stronger than ever. And not in spite of Zeke. But I think with all children your love for them grows as they grow - as you get to know them. Since Zeke is just now starting to show personality, I think the contrast of how much we know Ayla is that much stronger. When we're away from her (mostly at work) you can feel what your missing. She seems to be getting so big suddenly too. She's tall, and just solid. Still thin, but lately I hear myself saying "when did you get so big?!" and better yet "who said you could get so big!" She's writing and understanding letters more and more and getting more elaborate with her play. Such a neat little person.
And again not to say that Zeke isn't there. The kid- he explodes my face - because I'm smiling so big when I see his little face! Which then he smiles and my face hurts because you can't help but smile bigger at the boy. It's hard not to feel like he's been a little short changed with the blog. The blog is the modern version of the photo album. You take 7000 pictures of your first kid - and keep the baby book up to date (not really). The next one gets the watered down version! But honestly, you realize it's not because you don't want to. It's because with 2, you don't have time! But Zeke has been changing a lot the last week it seems. He can get places now! He can completely rotate 360 on his belly and army crawls himself forward. If he see something within that range he'll have it - and pretty quick! He doesn't seem as overall more vocal, but he's vocal when he wants to be - and has different voices/sounds for different interactions. You should see him when Ruth gets home from work or see her first thing in the morning! My favorite is still when he just starts talking (goya, goya, goya he says) to Ayla. It really is something to see their bond already. So far mostly sweet - but I'm sure there will be some rumbles down the road! It's harder to really focus in on him like we did with Ayla at this age. But when you give him your focus, he doesn't let you down!
I know there are families with 3, 4, 5, 6 (and more obviously) kids. That's amazing to me. With these 2 it's all you can do sometimes to take a shower every couple of days! Admittedly it probably also has to do with Ruth and my jobs not exactly being 9-5's. It makes life crazy sometimes. But it makes life. And life is blessed.
The other day I was laying in Ayla's bed with her while holding Zeke. Ayla called Ruth in as well to get snuggly and tucklied (our words) in bed together. All 4 of us in Ayla's twin bed. I have to be careful. When I really think about that moment, it's all I can do not to get choked up and we all know men don't cry right? : ) You know what though - I should. It's worth it.
Anyway, enough about me crying. I'll try and get some pics of the latest (this picture is from like October). Snow, Christmas and the like.
Comments