Tumbling Storyteller Lively Eyes Smiley Pants






Big day. When I got home from work today Ayla immediately grabbed my hand and raced me into the "toy room" (carpeted room with all of the toys) and promptly did a somersault! Which basically consisted of her bending over onto her head and flipping right onto her back with a large thud - something that would leave most of us not moving for 10 minutes...minimum! She pops right up to do it again of course. The last few days she has turned into a major tumbler. Jumping off furniture, climbing up things, jumping over things all the time - books, blankets, me! :) Zeke....just kidding. :)

Zeke is mister lively eyes smiley pants lately. I'm sure he'll love I called him that someday. But he really seems alert for 5 weeks and is officially smiling at us and tracking you when you walk by. As if Ayla's exuberance wasn't exciting enough I immediately got smiles and some hand/leg spasms when he saw me today.

Oh, and I don't want to forget this one - lately Ayla has been either singing or literally reciting books to herself at bedtime. She'll lay in there and it's like she's reading the book without the book. I don't know, it seems crazy to me she could remember like that without actually seeing the pages. Strangely enough her voice reminded me of when Linus quotes the book of Luke talking about the meaning of Christmas in Charlie Brown Christmas....go figure. Anyway, it was cute.

Lately I feel like we have a ton of things we could post so if I'm all over the place sorry. I might just throw on some pictures or video posts for the next few to spare you from my rambles.....so stay tuned!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
Oh, thanks for the new post! It makes me feel like I'm there! He IS so very alert and bright! Can't wait to see you all in a few days. Love you all!
aureo06 said…
Haha, laughed out loud at the Charlie Brown comment! Ayla's so smart. :] And Zeke has the best baby smile I've ever seen! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
yo mama said…
Love the pictures and the stories. Keep them coming

Popular Posts