"I'm so huge!"
And no, that was not Ruth who said that - it was Ayla. We were playing with a flashlight and making shadows of ourselves on the wall - obviously smaller and bigger. Ruth overheard and said that's how she feels. I still don't think she's that big - and looks good as ever - but she will surely tells you she feels it! Unfortunately she's had a couple of rough nights filled with contractions and uncomfortableness. Doc said everything looks ok but we'll keep our eye on it. She's a hard worker and tough, but it adds up! Ruth is between 31 & 32 weeks and we're hoping nothing happens til at LEAST 37. : ) Otherwise, plugging along.
If I repeat anything in this post forgive me - it seems hard enough to find time to post so I'm not going to go back and double check! I believe we've mentioned Ayla is by all means potty trained. Numero 1 and 2. Frilly princess and heart underwear is on full bore....for Ayla - come on! Who knows if relapse is imminent but it's fun while it lasts! It's also allowed me to get quite good at reading books upside down - many have suggested I would make a good elementary teacher - except I would probably scare the children as well...haha. Anyway....
I don't know about you, but it's nice to see almost ALL of our front yard- as muddy and matted down as the grass looks. Of course it'll snow 10 inches next week but ah well. : ) We've been outside a "little" more often lately but not the most. Need to get Ayla's rain boots on and go trudge in the mud this weekend. I painted our hallways this weekend with my dad and it was nice to open the window though and air the house out. In other house project news, we had some carpeting installed going up the steps (they are wood and slippery - especially for 2 year olds and pregnant women!) and Ruth and her dad did some light switch changing. Everything looks really nice.
We're through week 4 with Ayla's kindermusik class - it's hard to explain exactly, but it's lots of singing, dancing, reading, running, jumping, instrument playing fun. Ayla REALLY enjoys it. We end up re-enacting things we do in class at home a lot - which is good...although Ayla can be a bit demanding when directing play! Tonight she got her haircut - sorry, she's in bed right now so pictures later - and so Ruth had to cut my hair and then I got a sucker. We cut Ayla's hair pretty short again as she isn't too fond of it getting in her face!
Otherwise lots of reading still and bubble baths - as you can see in the pictures. Of course a million other things she says and does everyday that make us laugh - or be challenged! : ) Oh, playing in TENTS - which for awhile was just under a blanket but mana sue and papa dave brought back cousin Allie's old princess tent which has been a hit for cramming into and playing with kitty cats. And in Ruth's case on day having Ayla bomb the place out with toots...haha : )
Here's some pics - haircut later.
Comments