under construction
Ruth here. Jake is out of town visiting cousin Bryan in Savannah, GA to watch the Super Bowl and Ayla is finally asleep... I really should be too. I wanted to give the tinersg blog a little face lift. Hope you enjoy it. I thought since Ayla has changed so much since we first started the blog and soon our family will be changing too (2 tiners!) the blog could change along with us.
I am changing a bit everyday. I keep saying to Jake that I look like I swallowed a basketball. When I was pregnant with Ayla my belly wasn't quite so round and out there. I feel like by time the baby is born I'm going to be HUGE! Needless to say I am anxious for spring for many reasons. I don't know about you, but the winter "blahs" have officially set in at our house. Almost daily Ayla reminds me, "Mommy, when it gets warm outside I don't have to wear a coat." And I assure her that day is coming... now if someone would just assure me of the same thing. We have meltdowns around here everyday about whether or not Ayla can wear her flip flops yet and she is always saying, "I wanna be short!" which means she wants to wear shorts and short sleeves or short skirts or short dresses... anything and everything you would wear when it is warm outside.
Updates: This last week Ayla made up her mind that using the potty is the way to go and is pretty much diaper free. Next week Ayla is starting kindermusik class. We are all three very excited about it. It is a music class that you do with your kid and when we went for a free "trial" class we all had so much fun!
Funny sayings: today Ayla asked me about birthdays. She said "at Daddy's birthday he is gonna be 30 and I'm gonna be 30 too!"
Also, last week her word of the week was "skrackit" ( "I need a skrackit" [n] or "We need to skrack it [v] ) This weeks word of the week is "patris." It comes out when we Ayla needs a word and she just isn't sure what it is. I love the way her mind works!
I am changing a bit everyday. I keep saying to Jake that I look like I swallowed a basketball. When I was pregnant with Ayla my belly wasn't quite so round and out there. I feel like by time the baby is born I'm going to be HUGE! Needless to say I am anxious for spring for many reasons. I don't know about you, but the winter "blahs" have officially set in at our house. Almost daily Ayla reminds me, "Mommy, when it gets warm outside I don't have to wear a coat." And I assure her that day is coming... now if someone would just assure me of the same thing. We have meltdowns around here everyday about whether or not Ayla can wear her flip flops yet and she is always saying, "I wanna be short!" which means she wants to wear shorts and short sleeves or short skirts or short dresses... anything and everything you would wear when it is warm outside.
Updates: This last week Ayla made up her mind that using the potty is the way to go and is pretty much diaper free. Next week Ayla is starting kindermusik class. We are all three very excited about it. It is a music class that you do with your kid and when we went for a free "trial" class we all had so much fun!
Funny sayings: today Ayla asked me about birthdays. She said "at Daddy's birthday he is gonna be 30 and I'm gonna be 30 too!"
Also, last week her word of the week was "skrackit" ( "I need a skrackit" [n] or "We need to skrack it [v] ) This weeks word of the week is "patris." It comes out when we Ayla needs a word and she just isn't sure what it is. I love the way her mind works!
Comments