It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - you think?!
Whenever Ayla hears that song on the radio now she smiles and says - "is that Papa?" My dad (jake's) has long been known to sing that song - well, that LINE at least through the ENTIRE year. And as all of you reading in WI, it is most certainly looking a lot like Christmas after this last Wednesday's snow storm. Unfortunately as great as the snow is - it also means lot of fun driving - nope! Hope everyone has made it around safe and sound. Ruth and I both stayed home from work on that snowday - although I think I "worked" harder than a normal day with all the shoveling and delivering papers. But, as you can see with the pictures (in another post) we did manage to get out and play in it too before thee bitter cold made it's way in.
Luckily, we decided to get our Christmas Tree the weekend before! Ayla got a wee bit fussy on the hunt, but at last we found a tree and it looks quite nice now all decorated in our home. I can't wait til our kids are old enough to actually gripe about dad wanting to trudge out into the middle of nowhere to find our tree.....Christmas Vacation (chevy chase) anyone? Yes!
It was a fun weekend though. We also celebrated Ruth's birthday on Sunday (the 6th) and decorated the house. Ayla has been getting a kick out of the tree - and ornaments. We have a few we allow her to take off and play with although I think she wants all of them. : ) Sure makes the wonder in us come out more when you see it in her little face. We also went to our 10th consecutive Capitol Christmas pageant - as in Ruth and I. I can't believe it's that many. Ruth sang in the pageant herself back in high school and it's a highlight of the season. Ayla enjoyed the HUGE State Christmas Tree and the music but wasn't too big of a fan when the light turned off. She did well even though she was scared and if anything I got to enjoy it with her snuggled close! Ruth's parents were there with us as well and we enjoyed some chinese food together afterwards. : )
Otherwise just trying to enjoy the season while dealing with the headaches of Winter. : ) I have a feeling we'll have White Christmas though!
Comments