#2!
Hello to all. It is a beautiful October afternoon here in Sun Prairie... Oh no wait. It's June 9th!! Poor Ayla. Once again this morning I had to explain to her that she couldn't wear shorts because shorts are for warm weather( I don't know WHY I would ever expect warm weather in June!!). I think I'm gonna cancel her swimming lessons that start next week and try and find a dog sledding club, or a 'how to build an igloo' class! Yes, I guess I am a little sour feeling towards the complete lack of summer so far this year.
Anyway... Ayla's 2!! Can you believe it?! Sunday our little wooly woo turned two. It was a nice day. We had a little party with all the grandparents and Beth, Martin and the kids. It was really nice. While everyone was here Ayla decided that she was gonna plop down in the middle of everybody and do her first summersault! That was exciting and rather entertaining for all of us!
We got lots of good pictures from this weekend, but unfortunately the cord we need to transfer them all to the computer got misplaced, so once we get a new one there will be an overload of pictures for the blog.
I think Ayla's favorite part of her birthday was being sung to and then blowing out her candles. So (since I am a believer in a birthday weekend instead of just a birth-DAY) for the rest of the weekend, before we ate, I would stick a candle in Ayla's food, we would sing "Happy Birthday" and then she would blow out the candle. :D This morning I had to explain that her birthday was over and that now we could only pretend to blow the candle out, which she proceeded to do for about 15 minutes.
Ayla is big into pretending lately. Not so much like the "play house" or "fairy princess" type scenarios, but anytime we tell her she can't do something, she says' "I can pretend" and then she pretends to do the forbidden thing (i.e. "I can pretend to eat the play dough" "I can pretend to hit myself in the face") I like her understanding and way of dealing with being told she can't do something. What an imagination she has!
Her vocabulary continues to amaze us. I enjoy how much she talks! Over the last couple of days Jake and i have been watching a video we made of Ayla over the first 6 or so months of her life and came to realize that she was always a very vocal baby. Today she said to me, "I can take my shoes off. (and then she got a very serious look on her face) Mommy's gonna leave hers on." I don't know, that might not astound anyone but me, but I am very proud of all the clear and correct sentences that come out of her mouth.
Anyway, I am kinda babbling. I am just trying to think of things that I would want to remember about this time of life when I read this down the road someday. It the closest thing to a journal that we keep! Oh, here's one. Ayla has started pronouncing "R's" as "R's" instead of "W's" like babies do. So her R's are really exaggerated, it's very cute...you should hear it! Now it's not "FLAWA" it's "Flowerrrrr"
Also if you ask her when her birthday is, she's say, "June seventh."
Hopefully we'll get some pictures on here soon!!
Anyway... Ayla's 2!! Can you believe it?! Sunday our little wooly woo turned two. It was a nice day. We had a little party with all the grandparents and Beth, Martin and the kids. It was really nice. While everyone was here Ayla decided that she was gonna plop down in the middle of everybody and do her first summersault! That was exciting and rather entertaining for all of us!
We got lots of good pictures from this weekend, but unfortunately the cord we need to transfer them all to the computer got misplaced, so once we get a new one there will be an overload of pictures for the blog.
I think Ayla's favorite part of her birthday was being sung to and then blowing out her candles. So (since I am a believer in a birthday weekend instead of just a birth-DAY) for the rest of the weekend, before we ate, I would stick a candle in Ayla's food, we would sing "Happy Birthday" and then she would blow out the candle. :D This morning I had to explain that her birthday was over and that now we could only pretend to blow the candle out, which she proceeded to do for about 15 minutes.
Ayla is big into pretending lately. Not so much like the "play house" or "fairy princess" type scenarios, but anytime we tell her she can't do something, she says' "I can pretend" and then she pretends to do the forbidden thing (i.e. "I can pretend to eat the play dough" "I can pretend to hit myself in the face") I like her understanding and way of dealing with being told she can't do something. What an imagination she has!
Her vocabulary continues to amaze us. I enjoy how much she talks! Over the last couple of days Jake and i have been watching a video we made of Ayla over the first 6 or so months of her life and came to realize that she was always a very vocal baby. Today she said to me, "I can take my shoes off. (and then she got a very serious look on her face) Mommy's gonna leave hers on." I don't know, that might not astound anyone but me, but I am very proud of all the clear and correct sentences that come out of her mouth.
Anyway, I am kinda babbling. I am just trying to think of things that I would want to remember about this time of life when I read this down the road someday. It the closest thing to a journal that we keep! Oh, here's one. Ayla has started pronouncing "R's" as "R's" instead of "W's" like babies do. So her R's are really exaggerated, it's very cute...you should hear it! Now it's not "FLAWA" it's "Flowerrrrr"
Also if you ask her when her birthday is, she's say, "June seventh."
Hopefully we'll get some pictures on here soon!!
Comments