Sit down! Right there...




Heyo - per usual - been awhile since we've "wrote" in a blog. I (jake) am home today (thursday) as Ayla is sick. She didn't sleep to well last night and this morning she's got a pretty good cold. We're heading to the doctor later to make sure it's not an ear infection as she keeps tugging on one of her ears. So, we'll see.

It's so hard to know how sick your kid is. One minute they are pulling hats and mittens out of the closet playing dress up and the next they are crying for seemingly no reason with gunk coming out of their nose while rubbing their red puffy eyes. We know Ayla's excellente "watcher" on Thursdays (hi Trina) would take her but at the same time Ayla just doesn't seem up for it nor do I really want to take a sick kid over to her house, at least without hitting a doctor first.

So alas, I am home with Ayla and it's nice to have the flexibility to be home with her. And obviously I'm taking such good care of her since she's running off somewhere and I'm typing this on the computer : ) Actually she's right behind me where she has accumulated quite the assortment of random things such as hats, coasts, mittens, stuffed animals, shoes, spoons, ribbons and a baby doll. The baby doll you see in the pictures. Which is what the title is also referring to as Ayla set her doll on her couch and very matter of factly, and in a firm tone verrrry similar to us said "Sit down" "right there". See, Ayla likes to stand on her couch, especially when eating which usually elicits a "sit down!". Along with "disciplining" her baby, Ayla takes pretty good care of her - even changing diapers. : ) Ok well someone is saying "pants on, pants on" over and over again so I'll think we'll get dressed!

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
That doll looks like she's in a strait jacket :)

Popular Posts