Ayla spek
Along with Ayla's ever increasing vocabulary is her understanding that words are part of phrases and sentences. She's been stringing some things together on her own to make up sayings all her own. Just thought I'd share some of these funny little phrases with you. Keep in mind each one is said as one word.
"mon.na-mon" - come on. she always takes your hand and leads you somewhere when she says this.
"daykoo babee." - Thank you. For some reason she's been calling everyone baby lately.
"Bo dada" -Requesting a grape or blueberry. She used to just say "bo." Now it's "bodada."
"tar babee" - requesting you sing her "twinkle twinkle little star."
"seedown mimi" -sit down by me
Hmmm. I can't think of any more right now. Ayla is still so much fun. I really like this age. She loves hearing songs and keeps impressing us with her ability to remember the words and sing along. At the end of the "abc's" she'll sing "know my know my abc..."(not "NOW I know my....") If you stop during the song before W, she says "dubba." She's been singing "tickle tickle how" which is the "twinkle twinkle" and the "how I wonder" part of that song.
She's getting pretty good at counting, too. If you count along with her, she can say everyother number than you( I say 1, she says 2, I say 3, she says 4...) But, usually if counting on her own she just says, "twofyeseex" (2,5,6..)
She has discovered the joy of crayons ("cadoos") and loves to color and just carry them around with her. Whenever she scribbles she says "A!" as if she had written the letter A.
She loves the moon and gets so excited when she sees it or it's likeness. Because of this, I decorated a wooden moon shape I got at a craft store and hung it over her crib. I'm pretty proud of it, and it had the desired effect!
I wish I could include a sound byte of Ayla's reaction to it. She opens her mouth really wide and takes a big gasp in, and then forms the tiiiniest little "o" with her lips. "Oooo! MOOONA!" That's what she calls it. The moona.
She is a natural born girlie girl and loves my chapstip (she calls it "kip" referring to the cap she takes on and off) and my makeup, the comb and anything that is pretty (peee!) She'll put as many of these types of things in her hands as she can and try to carry them around. It's a hilarious process of trying to pick it all up, dropping one thing, as she's picking that one up she'll drop another, and on and on... so cute!
If you haven't gotten to enjoy what a delight Ayla is, stop by sometime....I can guarantee she will make you laugh and smile with all the ways about her.
Comments